Young children gain from their parents' continuing interest and support when they are in school. The following are some ways you can be involved in your child's early education:
- Supporting the Friends of the school meetings and fundraising efforts.
- Supporting the school with collections it might be making e.g. newspapers etc.
- Providing materials or artefacts as requested for class topic work.
- Attending parents evenings to dicuss your child's progress.
- Keeping the class teacher informed and up to date on any health problems your child has, or any difficulties with school or home that may affect your child's ability to work and enjoy school.
- Helping at home with reading and some number work on a regular basis.
- Supporting your child with their homework.
- Using the reading diaries (Years 1 and 2) in partnership with the class teacher.
- Informing the school during the morning if your child is absent for any reason.
We also have a home/school agreement. Its purpose is to set out clear guidelines and expectations for school, parents and pupils. When your child enters school for the first time you will be asked to sign this on behalf of yourself and your child. As your child matures and is able to understand the agreement then they sign it themselves.
The home/school agreement is always open to change so if as a new parent you feel you would like to make any recommendations please let us know.